In 2010, Armidale Dumaresq Council (ADC) with the assistance of the NSW Department of Trade & Investment, Regional Infrastructure & Services (DTIRIS) engaged AECgroup to create the Armidale Dumaresq Economic Development Strategy and the Armidale Dumaresq Tourism Strategy.
Council placed the Economic Development and Tourism Strategies on public exhibition and formally adopted the strategies at the Ordinary Council meeting on 27 June 2011. A structured process has been custom designed to deliver this project and includes the following steps:
• Research and Literature Review: research to identify, capture and collate necessary data and information, as well as a review of all relevant reports and planning documents;
• Analysis: detailed analysis including development of economic and tourism profiles, opportunity assessment and employment lands review:
• Economic and Tourism Profiles: review of current and historical economic and tourism data, including the identification of important trends;
• Opportunity Assessment: review of competitive advantages and future opportunities for economic and tourism growth;
• Employment Lands Review: review of employment lands studies and key drivers for future development (demand);
• Strategic Development: creation of economic development and tourism strategies to provide guidance and direction for the next ten years; and
• Action Plans: creation of implementation or action plans for broader economic development and the tourism industry with a joint marketing plan.
The Economic Development, Tourism & Marketing Department is charged with the responsibility to implement the Economic Development and Tourism Strategies. The Economic Development and Tourism Strategies have been integrated into the Armidale Community Strategic Action Plan (launched 28 July 2011).
Mr Tony Broomfield
T: (02) 6770 3876
F: (02) 6772 9275
M: 0439 255 842
Mr Harold Ritch
T: (02) 6770 3809
F: (02) 6772 9275
M: 0427 659 525